Sunday, September 27, 2015

Local Restaurant Closes after 8 Years

Posted by Wayne G. Barber & Photos by Wayne G. Barber

Abby's Restaurant Rt. 100
This may be one of he hardest things I post. So I hope it all comes out the right way as many of you know, Mikes work schedule lately has been crazy. And that's putting it lightly. He is no longer around to help with the day to day running of the restaurant. My dad has been helping with much of the cooking since this happened. But, he has been sent to Missouri for work as of last week. I can't handle the restaurant and three kids with no help. We have searched high and low for quality staff and have been unable to find the right people....which is why we have all been working crazy hours. So, after much thought and conversations with our current staff, we thought the best thing to do is to close. We need to have time to be a family when we have the 4 hours a week with Mike home. It is a difficult decision. And not one that we took lightly. Thank you to all of you who have supported us these past 8 years. It has certainly been a ride. We have made so many friendships. I have watched kids grow up. And I am so forever thankful for the memories that you have given us. So, if you're around this weekend....please let me cook you breakfast one more time , I love you all and thanks for tagging along on this adventure. It's been quite the ride!!!!! Much much love.....Michelle, Michael, Cathy, Ralph, Abby, Leah and Christopher. Source: Share Public Facebook Post

No comments:

Post a Comment