Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Comparing Providence to Greece

Posted by Wayne G. Barber

I know Harry Markopoulos and I know how obsessed he became in his quest for proving there was something wrong at Bernie Madoff Securities. He first started notifying officials in 1999 expecting regulators would be interested. He was wrong. He found out that really no one cared and no one would listen. In the end not only was he right, it was the biggest Ponzi Scheme in history.

But in my opinion his life was ruined pursuing the truth. I bet no one thanked him. He got death threats. He was unable to sleep and enjoy his life. I am determined not to make the same mistake. I have brought the evidence of crime and corruption in Providence to regulators and even brought it to pension beneficiaries who had $62 million stolen from them.
If anyone wants to know what’s wrong in Providence financial reporting here is the report. 
Fun facts with Greece and Providence Rhode Island
When both Greece and Providence Rhode Island defaulted last Wednesday, I wondered how the financially troubled populous of both Governments compared. Who had more Pension debt per person? Who had more per capita income? Etc. The table below shows some interesting facts.
Source: Michael G. Riley GOPROV.COM
Both defaulted on June 30th 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment